Many people that love to exercise, be it running, jogging or walking, but have a fear of being attacked by thugs or bitten by a dog. Prevention of this fear is one of the many reasons that Spartan Pepper Spray is a great device. It is light weight , durable and simply slips over the hand and straps to your wrist. You never have to worry about it falling off your hand, it literally attaches to your body.
- Make sure someone always knows when and what route you are running and walking.
- Have your cell phone. Make sure it’s charged.
- Carry identification or put identifying iformation, including medical, inside your shoe.
- Don’t carry cash. Don’t wear jewelry.
- If your running at night, wear reflective material.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Don’t wear headsets that keep you from hearing approaching danger. Don’t get so focused that you loose awareness of what’s going on around you.
- Run or walk with a partner and/or a dog.
- Exercise in familiar areas. Know which businesses or stores are open.
- Vary your route.
- Avoid unpopulated areas, deserted streets, and overgrown trails. Especially avoid poorly lighted areas at night.
- Run clear of parked cars and bushes.
- Look directly at others and be observant, but keep your distance and keep moving.
- Run against traffic so you can observe approaching automobiles.
- Trust your intuition about a person or an area. React based on that intuition and avoid areas you feel unsure about.
- Be careful if anyone in a car asks you for directions – if you answer, keep at least a full arm’s length from the car.
- If you think you are being followed, change direction and head for an open business, theater, or a lighted house.
- Have your door key ready before you reach your car or home.
- If you are away from home, check with locals on safe areas. Familiarize yourself with your route.